Paired With 2014 L'enfant du Pape
3 Cans of Stewed or Roasted Tomatoes
1 Medium Yellow Onion
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Bunch Basil
1 Bunch Parsley
1 Bunch Thyme
1 Bunch Marjoram or Oregano
1/4 Stick Unsalted Butter
1 Cup Heavy Cream of Half and Half
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In large pot heat oil over high heat until hot.
2. While oil is heating rough chop the onion and garlic.
3. Add onions and garlic to hot pan and sauté until slightly brown. Add butter, canned tomato, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bring tomato mixture to a simmer.
5. Roughly chop basil, parsley, thyme, and marjoram then add to pot and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
6. Once soup base has had time to simmer, carefully ladle small amount of tomato mixture into a blender.
7. Do not add too much hot mixture to the blender or it will come out the top once blender is turned on.
8. When tomato mixture is smooth slowly add half of the cream.
9. Strain soup through a fine strainer.
10.Repeat process until all soup mixture and cream is used.
11. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour into your favorite mug or bowl to serve