Asian Style Beef Tenderloin with Chili Sauce
Paired with 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
Beef Tenderloin or other favorite cut of beef
1 Cup low sodium Soy Sauce
1 Piece of Ginger about 2-3 inches long
1 Medium Shallot
5 Cloves of Garlic
2 Bunch of Scallions
2 Tablespoons Mirin
2 Tablespoons Sake
1 Tablespoon Sambal or other Chili Garlic Sauce
1 Tablespoon toasted Sesame Seeds
1. Heat a dry pan until smoking hot.
2. While pan is heating peel ginger and clean garlic, shallots, and scallions.
3. Once pan is hot, scorch ginger, garlic, shallots, and 1 bunch of scallions until slightly burnt.
4. Deglaze pan with sake and mirin.
5. Add soy sauce and allow to reduce by one quarter.
6. Combine soy mixture and Sambal. At this point you can adjust how hot you want to sauce by adding more or less chili sauce.
7. Strain soy chili mixture through fine mesh strain and allow to cool.
8. While sauce is cooling season beef with salt and pepper and cook to preferred doneness.
Cut beef to desired size and shape. Garnish with chili sauce, chopped scallions, and toasted sesame seeds.